Asterix and the olympic games

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Sofie

Asterix and the olympic games

Beitrag: # 11713Beitrag Sofie »

Hey,
I am gathering bits and pieces about the new movie, but except for the cast, there seems to be very little information about the plot. I know the original story, but there seem to be quite a lot of changes to it, like an extra gaul to compete for the hand of a Greek princess with Brutus. She would be played by Gisele Bunchen. I am a getting a bit concerned, because I always like to see Asterix and Obelix in the main picture... I also read somewhere that there would be lovestories all over the film, even for idéfix (dogmatix), but I can't remember where I read this. So I wondered, do you guys know something more about the plot of the new movie?

p.s. Just me being very curious :)

xxxx
Christine

Beitrag: # 11717Beitrag Christine »

Seen on a french forum : what Asterix will look like.
http://www.actuacine.net/2006/exclus/asterix.htm

Apparently, there is a paper on the film in a cinema magazine called "Premiere" (July, N° 353).
I'll try to check. For the moment, their Internet site just announces that a new site is under construction.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: Asterix and the olympic games

Beitrag: # 11719Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
Sofie hat geschrieben:but except for the cast, there seems to be very little information about the plot.
that's right. The best information you can get is from the Asterix-missives from the official Asterix website. The last 2 numbers of this missive, 57 and 58, did reveal some further information. Look here:
http://gb.asterix.com/missives/lettre57.html
http://asterix.com/missives/lettre58.html (not yet available in english)

If you check the newsletter frequently or just subscribe for it, you'll be always up to date with the freshest information on the web (although it's sometimes not much fresher than Unhygienix' fish...).

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
shr

Beitrag: # 11720Beitrag shr »

I can't say I care too much for the new-look Asterix. Apart from anything else, he's too tall (almost as tall as Obelix, which just ain't right) and the make-up artists haven't done a great job on the wigs and moustaches for either Asterix or Obelix, both look like they've just walked out of a cheap fancy dress shop.
Christine

Beitrag: # 11724Beitrag Christine »

other information on http://www.doubleclix-blog.com/

I have not checked if the information is really fresher than the missives.

I do not mind if the actors are not dressed in realistic historical clothes and if the hair colour is looking artificial, as long as it reflects the comics drawings.
Asterix is indeed too tall (but how can that be helped without tricks like for the hobbits in the Lord-of-the-Rings). If the plot is really good, we will get used to the clothes and looks. I'm more worried about the plot, as a matter of fact...

BTW, have you noticed Asterix and Obelix-dressed guys in the crowds of the football stadiums in Germany ? Hope they brought magic potion along... oh, I forgot, it's forbidden. :-D
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 11727Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
Christine hat geschrieben:and if the hair colour is looking artificial, as long as it reflects the comics drawings.
and exactly that's the point. Although I like the new costumes more than the ones they used to wear in the previous real action movies, I am still missing Obelix' red hair. I wouldn't mind if it looks a bit artificial, but it has to look just a little bit like in the comics.
Christine hat geschrieben:Asterix is indeed too tall (but how can that be helped without tricks like for the hobbits in the Lord-of-the-Rings)
I agree that he is too tall, but that's nothing new. Christian Clavier has been too tall as well in comparison with Gerard Depardieu as Obelix. But why not using computer tricks like in Lord of the rings? Is it too expensive for an Asterix movie or do only the US-guys have the know-how for this kind of manipulation?
Christine hat geschrieben:I'm more worried about the plot, as a matter of fact...
Just like me. The plot doesn't seem to have much to do with the comic book it is supposed to be based on. :roll:

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
shr

Beitrag: # 11728Beitrag shr »

I don't think the film makers really need computer trickery to make Obelix taller than Asterix. Asterix is just short, he isn't a hobbit. There are plenty of actors out there of all sorts of height, they just needed to cast the parts better: (I posted a picture of a couple of actors who look the part in this thread : http://www.comedix.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1745).

I guess they need Depardieu's name for publicity, but he's not a good match for Obelix - apparently he's only 5'10, Obelix should be well over 6ft imo. in which case an actor of 5'2-5 would be fine.

And I agree about Obelix's hair. There was a bit of a fuss in London recently when a stage show of Tintin tried to make him blonde and the Herge estate insisted that his hair colour is ginger. I'm surprised Uderzo doesn't look after his characters better but then, he is colour-blind. [/url]
Christine

Beitrag: # 11741Beitrag Christine »

I've bought "Premiere" this morning.
Asterix's hair is OK... but the moustache isn't right in my opinion.
They don't tell much about the plot, except that the friendship between Asterix and Obelix will be highlighted, and that several characters will find love.
:???:
(Besides, I should say "again !", because in the previous movie Asterix flirted with Gimmiakiss. O tempora, o mores...).
There's of course a list of actors, but it was also already published.

Nihi novi sub sole. I lost 2 euros...
Sofie

Beitrag: # 11752Beitrag Sofie »

I love the idea of higlighting their friendship though, because Asterix and Obelix are lovely when they are bickering, making up quarrels, giving each other advice... their friendship wasn't really emphasized in Cleopatra, so a bit more about that would be nice.

Of course, again, when they are going to drift from the original script it will be more difficult to make sure that they don't become out of character. And since the last comic, I do not think that Uderzo supervising the production will be suffiecient to prevent that, because he seems to do a pretty good job in letting them be out of character himself...
Maik

Beitrag: # 11760Beitrag Maik »

In my opinion "New Asterix" isnt'd bad. In fact I think he look better then Christian Clavier (moustly the nose) and Obelix is similar to the one from the first movie (exept he dont have the coat)
Have their "friendship" as the main poitn of the movie? Why not? I guess it would be fun if the director would explor it a little to strech-up the film...

And the love plot agian...
In the first movie Obelix had a love plot in second one Asterix... Propebly now their will faith over a woman.. (not bad idea!) Or maby some other character's like Cacofonix will faind the woman's of his heart (I hope for here sake she will be deaf)
I get theat they ned some plot steach to make it longer but why they alweys have to start a "love plot"? Like their arent anny other interesting ideas....
Antworten