Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Sukisuix

Asterix and Obelix play golf

Beitrag: # 12454Beitrag Sukisuix »

Was looking for wallpaper when I came across this, Golf
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 12490Beitrag SingingGandalf »

What does everyone think - is it an Uderzo original, or another pastiche?
Sofie

Beitrag: # 12501Beitrag Sofie »

The figures are very uderzo-like, but seem also familiar to me. I think it's and edited picture, asterix and obelix drawn by uderzo and placed in a different environment.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 12534Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
Sofie hat geschrieben:The figures are very uderzo-like, but seem also familiar to me. I think it's and edited picture, asterix and obelix drawn by uderzo and placed in a different environment.
indeed. I don't know where from they took the Asterix and Dogmatix. But Obelix is exactly in the same position like in Obelix and Co., p. 11, panel 1.

Although the signature on the picture looks quite authentic, I doubt, that the golf-equipment was drawn by Uderzo himself. He wouldn't have recycled old scenes, would he? It would only take minutes for Uderzo to create a completely new golf-scene with Asterix, Obelix and Dogmatix. And it is surely not that difficult just to copy an Uderzo-signature from somewhere in the picture.

But anyway, this is a nice picture to have a look at, so thanks for the link, Sukisuix. :)

Regards
Erik

PS: I just found out, that the Asterix figure is from Olympic Games, p. 11, panel 9.
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Antworten