Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Maik2

A new Asterix Book this October?

Beitrag: # 23048Beitrag Maik2 »

Acording to this site :
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... ertainment

"Uderzo is currently working on a new Asterix story, slated for release in October to mark the 50th anniversary of the character's first appearance in the children's weekly Pilote, in 1959."

BTW -> I wonder are there any new Asterix movie project in future plans...
Free Werewolf

Re: A new Asterix Book this October?

Beitrag: # 23068Beitrag Free Werewolf »

Interesting)))))) Waiting for this October... Maybe, it's truth)))))))
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 23070Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

the official English translation of the Asterix missive No. 85 has finally been published. You can read there:
Asterix missive 85 hat geschrieben:He [Albert Uderzo] is therefore working on a brand new album of short stories, to be published on 22 October as part of the celebrations commemorating the fifty years since Asterix was first created in the pages of the Pilote magazine on 29 October 1959. And that's not all. Albert Uderzo continues to surprise us - he also confided that he has an idea for a 44 pages new Asterix story!
So, it is surely true, that - in France at least - new original Asterix comics, drawn by Albert Uderzo, will be published in October. But it won't be a whole new Asterix adventure stroy, but a collection of several short stories. It seems to be still unknown, whether this collection will get the no. 34 on its back (personally I don't think so).

Thanks to Jochgem's private translation of a text originally published on the French website actuabd.com, we do already know the new Asterix book's title:
Le Livre d’Or d’Astérix = The Golden Book of Asterix.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Asteriscophilix

Beitrag: # 23072Beitrag Asteriscophilix »

It looks like we will get it in English in October, too. Amazon.uk lists the release date for Le Livre d'or (Hardcover, 48 pages) as 15 Oct 2009:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Livre-DOr-Alber ... 587&sr=1-1

It lists the publisher as Orion, so presumably this is the release date for the English version, despite the as-yet untranslated French title. It lists both Uderzo *and* Goscinny as the authors, but I doubt that we will get any new Goscinny material. Amazon seems to credit Goscinny for all Uderzo's solo albums. Amazon.fr isn't listing the new album yet at all.

You might also be interested to know that How Obelix Fell into the Magic Potion is being republished in English on 18 June 2009:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Obelix-Fell-int ... 587&sr=1-2
Asteriscophilix

Beitrag: # 23073Beitrag Asteriscophilix »

And here is some even more interesting information:

"A special birthday book, Asterix - Le Livre d'Or / Asterix - The Golden Book, is being created to celebrate Asterix' 50th anniversary in 2009. The 64-page book contains lots of materials which have never appeared in the form of an album, including two complete Asterix stories (one of which designed specially for the occasion), a brand new cover by Albert Uderzo, and rare, previously unseen drawings."

The quotation is from the website of a product licensing company that appears to have the rights to the Asterix character:

http://www.pluslicens.se/index.php/site ... haracters/

I'm guessing that of the two "complete" Asterix stories, one must be "Say 33" -- because it's the only existing Asterix story I know of that hasn't been published in the form of an album (at least not in French or English). It sounds like only one story will be completely new.
Asteriscophilix

Beitrag: # 23076Beitrag Asteriscophilix »

Sorry: not "Say 33". I mean "Lire avec Obelix" -- the Asterix short story that was recently added to the German edition of No. 32 but has not been translated into English.
Maik

Beitrag: # 23089Beitrag Maik »

Owww... I was hopping for a new book, as in a full 44-pages Asterix adventure story... And a very good one [sort of "Appology for Falling Sky" ]

:hinkelstein: :hinkelstein: :hinkelstein:
Jochgem
AsterIX Elder Council Member

Beitrag: # 23843Beitrag Jochgem »

On several booksites the new book is being announced as follows:

New Asterix 'Livre D'Or' (Hardcover)
Shhh! The details are being kept secret, but to celebrate a half-century of Asterix, we have something special for his millions of fans: a fabulous anniversary-themed collection of twelve stories that will become a treasured collectible.
Hardcover: 56 pages
Publisher: Orion (January 5, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1444000276

The official Missive is silent now for several months, so no direct news from the publisher.
Hendrik Jan

Asterix in 100+ translations at: http://www.asterix-obelix.nl/manylanguages
Furienna

Beitrag: # 23896Beitrag Furienna »

Interesting... I wonder when it will be released here in Sweden.
Sukisuix

Beitrag: # 23999Beitrag Sukisuix »

Furienna hat geschrieben:Interesting... I wonder when it will be released here in Sweden.
I would like to think that the new book will be released on the same day throughout Europe, at least :-)
I am looking forward to the new book, I know it is not a full length story. That doesn't bother me, as I
like to see different sketches. The pencil drawings that are not complete, showing Uderzo ideas, maybe
even some adverts that Asterix & Co where in.
Furienna

Beitrag: # 24001Beitrag Furienna »

But since I don't speak much French, I need a translated version. That was what I was talking about.
ladyspark1119

Beitrag: # 24576Beitrag ladyspark1119 »

that would be great, hope that it will also be available in the Philippines soon...

does anyone here who knows where I can find good quality stuff toys of Asterix, Obelix, Dogmatix and Getafix?

thanks

:idea: ;-) :wuff:
Antworten