Asterix & Obelix XXL

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
cab

Asterix & Obelix XXL

Beitrag: # 5871Beitrag cab »

Have been playing this game for a while but I cant find the last Golden Laurel of Helvetia, who helps me out?
Magnet

Re: Asterix & Obelix XXL

Beitrag: # 5872Beitrag Magnet »

I loved that game up until when you have to kill 1000 romans. Sorry though I can't help you.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5873Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
cab hat geschrieben:I loved that game up until when you have to kill 1000 romans.
You surely mean the scene in Rome. You can't manage to defeat them all by hand, as they are really, really tough and 1000 is much too much. The only way to pass this level is the "Tornado" or even "Tormado Fusion" combo. The only difficulty is to fight enough romans to be able to use it. But then you can't loose the fight any more.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Magnet

Beitrag: # 5874Beitrag Magnet »

Have any of you played Asterix and Obelix XXL 2? It was only out on PC in france I think.

P.S What does XXL mean?
cab

Beitrag: # 5875Beitrag cab »

Magnet hat geschrieben:Have any of you played Asterix and Obelix XXL 2? It was only out on PC in france I think.

P.S What does XXL mean?

Didn't play it yet in the Netherlands the game is also on PS2, think I will buy the game in the coming weeks.

Don't know where XXL stands for mayby the size of Obelix :D
cab

Beitrag: # 5876Beitrag cab »

Erik hat geschrieben:Hello,

I didn't get all the Laurels from Helvetia as well, because for one of them you have to collect 1500 helmets on a downhill ride, where are only very few helmets at all. I didn't manage to collect them, though I tried and tried it dozens of times.

I collected all the other Laurels in Helvetia, but I can't remember where each of them were.
Too bad you don't know it anymore I found a complete walkthrough on the internet:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/918849.html

Klick on FAQs & Guides

This walktrough is subscribing 11 golden laurels!

How to collect the helmets from the downhill ride is:

Start off by taking the 2 line of helmets in the middle and then take left
and get the 3X multiplier. Push the joystick forward to gain speed and
slide quickly around the spiky rock because there is a 3X multiplier behind
it. Now it will appear a couple of lines of blue helmets in the middle.
Then you slide to the left a collect a new multiplier and then quickly move
out to the right and when you reach the edge move the joystick as far to
the left as possible and jump to the platform. On the platform is a new 3X
multiplier and when you reach the edge you once again jump to get to
another platform. On this platform is only golden helmets and if you reach
this platform you have the key for success. Drop down (don't jump down) and
collect the line of helmets in the middle and then move to the left and
collect even another 3X multiplier before your past multipliers have ran
out. Then you slide to the right and collect a fifth 3X multiplier and
after the next line of blue helmets you should reach 1500 helmets.

It is tricky but possible!

If I only knew in which level how many golden laurels are to be found I would know where too look.
Sukisuix

Beitrag: # 5877Beitrag Sukisuix »

Magnet hat geschrieben:Have any of you played Asterix and Obelix XXL 2? It was only out on PC in france I think.

P.S What does XXL mean?
I got it a couple of weeks ago for PS2.  I prefer it to the first one.   Though had to buy it on ebay as not available in the UK yet, also meant saved money.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5878Beitrag Erik »

Hello cab,
cab hat geschrieben:I found a complete walkthrough on the internet:
oh, thank you for your nice try to help me, but I tried this level often enough to know what I have to do to get the 1500 helmets - theoretically. My problem is the practice. I am simply too awkwardly for this downhill ride, I'm afraid. You have to collect all the multipliers and manage the two hard jumps on the platforms. Every time I managed to come to the platform with the golden helmets, I missed one or more multipliers. - This ride is just unfair!

There's another one later on, I think it was in Egypt, which I didn't manage either. - But it doesn't matter any more as I finally stopped to play the game. It's a time ago now that I started it for the last time.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Maik

Beitrag: # 5879Beitrag Maik »

Is this game (wich I never play befor) Playstation only, or is ther a PC version?
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5880Beitrag Erik »

Hello Maik,
Maik hat geschrieben:Is this game (wich I never play befor) Playstation only, or is ther a PC version?
there is a PC-Version for "Asterix and Obelix XXL" as well as for "Asterix and Obelix XXL2: Mission Las Vegum".

For the german version look here:
http://www.comedix.de/medien/lit/g38.php,
http://www.comedix.de/medien/lit/g42.php

Unfortunately I don't know where from you could get the english versions... perhaps from eBay or amazon?

Regards
Erik
Sukisuix

Beitrag: # 5881Beitrag Sukisuix »

Sorry I said it was not available in the UK, I was wrong.  The English version is available.  But can you not buy a German or French version and opt for English when you start it up.  As I am sure mine said this when I first started it.
Antworten