Code "Say 33" reward

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Erik
AsterIX Druid

Code "Say 33" reward

Beitrag: # 5892Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

it's now more than a month and - since today - 2 Asterix-missives ago, that the guys from the official Asterix-website promised everyone who had solved all Code "Say 33" riddles an Uderzo-signed Asterix album as final reward. To initiate the transaction we should get an email message from them. Unfortunately I didn't receive anything like this until now.

If there won't arrive anything at my mailbox during the next time, I'll have to write them an email asking whats up with this reward. But before doing this, I would like, whether anybody of you - who had also solved all the enigmas, of course - has got a email message from them or even the promised signed album. Did you?

If anything in this direction (email or signed volume) reaches you, please do post this here, so I get to know whether I'm the only one they forgot or nobody got anything yet.

Regards
Erik Hevers
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Bernard

Re: Code "Say 33" reward

Beitrag: # 5893Beitrag Bernard »

Don't worry, you're not the only one in this position: I've heard nothing from them yet either.
Christine

Beitrag: # 5894Beitrag Christine »

There was a discussion on that topic on Collectionnix's forum some time ago.
Apparently, the site stated that "4 people - or 6 I don't remember- solved all the questions". Of course, it is very surprising since many more claimed they succeeded ! On the thread alone there were already more candidates.
I'll look for the link to this discussion if I can find some time.
Jochgem
AsterIX Elder Council Member

Beitrag: # 5895Beitrag Jochgem »

It's a long thread on the official missive, at the end:
http://www.collectionnix.com/francophon ... &s=302&l=1

The first one is Anthonix expressing six people seems a low number. Then people came up claiming they solved the puzzles: RDIX, JÉROME PLANTAIN, GREG, SOJE, VIGUIGUI. ... I overlooked one
RE: LES MISSIVES D'INFORMATIONS ASTÉRIX
Auteur : ANTHONIX
Date : 30/11/2005 à 18:53
La nouvelle missive (n°49) est arrivée [lien] , avec notamment l'annonce de la fin des énigmes "Dites 33" avec seulement 6 gagnants qui ont répondu a toutes les énigmes (facile et difficile) , ce qui me parait peu...  
Anthonix.
HJ "Jochgem"

ps. Here is the official missive with the announcement, if you missed that one, English edition.
http://gb.obelix.com.fr/missives/lettre49.html
CODE `SAY 33' WINNERS

Now for the winners of the various riddles featured on the site throughout the year. There were 34 winners in the different categories.
Only six of the most able managed to solve all the riddles! Sixteen of you were able to solve the most difficult and twelve of you completed the easiest ones (which were still quite tough though…)! I've got an idea. What if I could get you all an album signed by Albert Uderzo?
Tapisdesourix will send a confirmation email to all the happy winners and those who want can then reply with their postal address. Christmas has come early!
What happened to the winners? Don't understand.
Bild Bild Bild
Hendrik Jan

Asterix in 100+ translations at: http://www.asterix-obelix.nl/manylanguages
Wenleyix3

Beitrag: # 5896Beitrag Wenleyix3 »

I solved all the clues (entering my email address each time as required), however.... I did not recieve a password after answering clue no.2 (I believe) so had been unable to enter any further passwords.

So I got all clues, but wasn't able to enter the passwords they wanted. Whether this means I'm inelidgible I don't know. Fearing this might be the case, I sent an email to them saying I had answered all questions and supplied my mail address. I recieved no response.

Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5897Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

thanks for all your kind answers. That doesn't sound good for us winners, does it?  >:(

I am unsure until now, what the matter is with these codewords. It is a fact that it was possible to get all the codes, even if there were some bugs. But I found no real use for it. Perhaps they planned to create some final enigma, where you should need them, but - as we all know - the "Code 'Say 33'" stayed unfinished.

Today I sent them an (english) email-message, asking them to check whether my email address is on their winners' list. Even if I don't get an answer - what I expect - it might be useful to let them get lots of emails from all the displeased participants of the "Code 'Say 33'".

So, if you solved all the enigmas as well and are waiting for your reward, perhaps you may also send them a message. Perhaps someone will get an answer finally or they write something about this matter in one of the next Asterix-missives, if enough "winners" tell them the problem.

Regards
Erik

"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5898Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

I just got response from Tapisdesourix, the official Asterix-site's Webmaster. He told me that they were very busy but will send out the emails in "a couple of days".

He also confirmed me, that I am on their winners list,  :D but that I am not among the 6 "Grand-Winners" :-/. Their log tells them, that I missed one of the codewords from the child series. And they are "confident", that there is no mistake i their system.

So, we now know that it is necessary to have gotten all the codewords at least from one series (childs or adult) to be on the winners list. Unfortunately I am very sure to have missed nothing as I got all the codewords an made sure every time that the codeword was really shown, when I put my email-address to the textbox at the winners' site. So, there must be a mistake in their log system. I can imagine that - because of this failure - some of you might be not on their winners list, even if you solved all the riddles and got all the codewords. We'll have to wait...

Anyway, I now know, that I will get the Uderzo-signed Asterix album, so this is a great message for me, at least.  ;D

Regards
Erik
Bernard

Beitrag: # 5899Beitrag Bernard »

Erik hat geschrieben:He also confirmed me, that I am on their winners list,  :D but that I am not among the 6 "Grand-Winners" :-/. Their log tells them, that I missed one of the codewords from the child series. And they are "confident", that there is no mistake i their system.
I must admit I find this differentiation between "Grand Winners" and "Winners" a little unnecessary: In the opening enigma, it clearly stated that an easier version was meant for "pint-sized Gauls," and I interpreted that as meaning that those who could solve the more difficult enigma had the option of solving the child enigma (though it wouldn't make any difference because you had already been given the password to the next enigma anyway by solving the 'adult' one.) Like you Erik, I solved all the enigmas etc. both adult & child in order to get a preview of some the panels of the latest opus as much as anything else. Though a little prize would be nice.  :)

Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5900Beitrag Erik »

Hello Anticus,
Anticus hat geschrieben:I solved all the enigmas etc. both adult & child in order
So, I hope for you, that you are on the list, too. Especially because the price is not only a litte one for an Asterix enthusiast.

Regards
Erik
Bernard

Beitrag: # 5901Beitrag Bernard »

Erik hat geschrieben: Well, indeed it makes a difference, as there are different passwords for the adult and the child series. So, it is possible that you solved all adult-riddles in order but left out or oversaw the child-ones.
I appreciate that, and I think I did enter all the 'child' passwords too as far as I can remember. :-/

Unless there is a different (better) prize for so-called "Grand Winners," then the differentiation is a little pointless anyway. Unless I'm mistaken, Grand Winners & Winners receive the same prize anyway don't they?
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5902Beitrag Erik »

Hello Anticus,
Anticus hat geschrieben:Unless I'm mistaken, Grand Winners & Winners receive the same prize anyway don't they?
they do get the same prize.

Regards
Erik
Sofie

Beitrag: # 5903Beitrag Sofie »

I just received an e-mail to send my adress so i could receive a signed copy. I have nog idea whether all my answers were registered, but I know I solved them all (and spent quite some time doing so :)), so I'm really happy about the reward.
xxxxxxx
Sukisuix

Beitrag: # 5904Beitrag Sukisuix »

Congratulations Sofie :D it is great to hear that someone has won a prize from what was a very testing quiz.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 5905Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

yes, I also received such an email. It seems that some of us will really be finally rewarded. :)

Regards
Erik
sofie broeckx

Beitrag: # 5906Beitrag sofie broeckx »

Would the other winners please leave a message when they receive their copy? I haven"t received one yet...I suppose it will take a while...I wonder wether there will be a small text or picture accompanying the autograph. that would be nice  :)
xxx
Antworten