Hard cover "collection" print?

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
slaponte

Hard cover "collection" print?

Beitrag: # 17497Beitrag slaponte »

Hi Everybody. Big fan of Asterix, reading since 1970 when I lived in Spain.

Question : has anybody heard of the Asterix collection been published hardcover as a collection, ie, not 33 items but 1 or 2 volumes?

I recently purchased the full collection of Calvin and Hobbes published in two large hardcover volumes, and also have 10 years of Mafalda (one huge book).

The Asterix softcover editions are so fragile I feel bad to open the books for fear of damage. Any hardcover publications? English or Spanish. Thanks.
invisifan

Re: Hard cover "collection" print?

Beitrag: # 17499Beitrag invisifan »

slaponte hat geschrieben:Question : has anybody heard of the Asterix collection been published hardcover as a collection, ie, not 33 items but 1 or 2 volumes?

Any hardcover publications? English or Spanish. Thanks.
Well the individual issues are available as hardcover of course, but until recently there have been very few collections - generally anything from 3-6 issues selected in random order from the more popular issues only. None got many printings.

Recently the whole series has been reissued in most languages in order as 3-issue volumes. That makes 11 hardcovers which is better than 33 at least. I'm fairly certain they are already coming out in Spanish, but haven't heard an announcement for English yet - hopefully just a matter of time though.
Antworten