Completing the movies (Animations) in Englsih

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Robbieatrix

Completing the movies (Animations) in Englsih

Beitrag: # 21090Beitrag Robbieatrix »

I've always been a MASSIVE fan of Asterix since I was knee high & absolutely adore it, so when the DVD's were released on "The Collected Adventures Of Asterix" I was very pleasently surprised & of course I had to purchase it.

I'd only had the VHS video's of "Asterix The Gaul" & "The Twelve Tasks Of Asterix" previously, so the other animations, I hadn;t seen (Although I did have "Asterix In Britain" taped from TV, but taping from TV is crap anyway, you want the real boxes etc.. and specially on DVD it's awesome).

I've also since gone on to purchase "Asterix & The Vikings" on DVD also, however theirs been one problem.

After browsing around, yet looking at the Official Site, theirs an "Operation Getafix" animated film, however for the life of me I can't seem to find it on DVD (Region 2 - UK), is their a reason behind this (IE It's not available)

Just seems a little wierd that all the others are easily available on DVD, except this one, I've never even SEEN the adventure.

I've yet to purchase "Asterix Concurs America" as it's only recently I found out that these were released on DVD, which will be my next step, however if anyone has any idea's in regards to "Operation Getafix" it would be very much appreciated !

I really do genuinly want this DVD
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: Completing the movies (Animations) in Englsih

Beitrag: # 21091Beitrag Erik »

Hello Robbieatrix,
Robbieatrix hat geschrieben:After browsing around, yet looking at the Official Site, theirs an "Operation Getafix" animated film, however for the life of me I can't seem to find it on DVD (Region 2 - UK), is their a reason behind this (IE It's not available)

Just seems a little wierd that all the others are easily available on DVD, except this one, I've never even SEEN the adventure.
that's because there is no Asterix film with this title. It's only the book of the film "Asterix and the Big Fight" which was published unter the title "Operation Getafix". The film should be on the 6-DVD-box you mentionned. Indeed it's somewhat strange that the film and the book of the film have different titles in English. But it's a fact anyway.

Have look at Asterix NZ for evidence:
http://www.asterix.co.nz/take_a_look/mo ... index.html

So, if you have got the 6-DVD-Box plus the single DVDs of "Asterix Conquers America" and "Asterix and the vikings" you own all the 8 Asterix cartoon movies. There surely is no further one. Beyond these cartoon movies there only exist the Asterix live action movies. But I'm sure, you know about them.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Robbieatrix

Beitrag: # 21115Beitrag Robbieatrix »

Aaah thank you kindly for this, it makes sense & explains it all then, Yes I do have "Asterix & The Big Fight" in the DVD box set, I ordered "Asteris & The Vikings" day before yesterday so that will eityher come in todays post or some time this week, then I just have "Asterix Concurs America" to purchase, which I will do.

No wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking all over for it, now that you've said it too, just looking on the Official Site, their isn't one titled "Asterix & The Big Fight", only "Operation Getafix", so I'm glad you brought this to light for me, I'd have been looking forever lol

So again, thank you !

While I think on, are the Asterix films any good (Non Animated one's?), I have seen quite a bit of "Take On Ceaser" & while I thought it was good, I know & love Asterix from the animated series, these are the characters I love & adore, not really life actors playing them isn't the same, but I thought I'd ask out of interest anyway.

Again, thank you kindly for bringing the light about the "Asterix & The Big Fight" / "Operation Getafix" story, I'd have never known.
invisifan

Beitrag: # 21116Beitrag invisifan »

Note that for "Big Fight" in the DVD box set instead of the British dub, the American dub was included. It was never released in theatres ... for good reason. It changes parts of the plot and the character names, and general dumbs it all down for an American audience assumed to be unfamiliar with the characters...

There is a thread about it here.
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 21117Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
Robbieatrix hat geschrieben:While I think on, are the Asterix films any good (Non Animated one's?),
that's a really subjective thing, whether you find a film good or not. I really dislike the real live movies. Some of the reasons especially for the first one ("Take on Cesar") I postet in the thread "Out of Character". But I must admit, that many Asterix fans (in the German section of this forum at least) like - if not almost adore - the second Asterix real live movie ("Mission Cleopatra"). For my taste there are far too many insuperable inconsistencies with the comics and quite a lot of illogical moments - in each of the 3 real live movies.
Robbieatrix hat geschrieben:I know & love Asterix from the animated series, these are the characters I love & adore,
Well, I also like the animated films, even if some of them are very much stronger than others. But the characters I really love and adore are the ones from the comic series, not the interpretation in any Asterix film. The comic series is the original, all the films are kind of "secondary products".

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Robbieatrix

Beitrag: # 21125Beitrag Robbieatrix »

Yeah i know what your saying & I agree, I knew & read the books, however it was the "12 Tasks Of Asterix" that I had & loved on video when I was real young, and I just loved it throughout when i got a bit older etc... so from that, I was real familiar with the characters.

I did originally have this real big book, that had all the Asterix adventures in it, however it very mysteriously went missing years ago & I've never seen it since, even looking on Ebay & places like that, I've still never to this day ever seen that item again, I loved it & still do, so you cna only imagine my dissapointment when i realised the book had gone missing, now I have no Asterix books or comics, however I do have the DVD's, which I do of course, as mentioned previously, absolutely love & adore.

I'm not sure I want to see the films, as I suspected, I don't think I'll like them as much (the live films that is), usually with live films they ruin things and no offence to the actors, but they don't play the characters right that we know, maybe they can't be played as they are to be, I don't know, but I don't want to watch the live films & see them in this light, incase it ruins the whole Asterix thing for me, this is my concern about the live movies which is why I've purposly avoided them really.

I'm not sure I want to see them at all, like I say, when I caught it on TV, what i saw was good & funny, but I purposly didn't want to get too much into it, for the reasons mentioned above, however of course curiosity had me watch them a little.
Antworten